AChiropractor Privacy Statement /Policy and Terms and Conditions
2. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, AChiropractor ('we' or 'us') is the 'data controller' (i.e. the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Personal data we may collect about you
3. This website does not store any information that would, on its own, allow us to identify individual users of this service without your permission. We may however obtain personal data about you (such as your name, address, telephone number, email address or, if you become a patient, medical history details) when you send us an enquiry or complete our online health history form.
4. Statistical or aggregated data may monitor usage of our website, including number of visits, pages visited, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of a user's internet service provider. This data will not be able to identify you individually without permission.
5. We will hold any personal data provided to us on our systems for as long as is necessary without limitation but in any event and if you have been discharged or are no longer a patient at AChiropractor, personal data is not required to be kept for longer than eight years from the date of your last visit. Or if the patient is a child, until his or her 25th birthday, or 26th birthday if the patient was 17 at the conclusion of treatment. This is in line with the requirements that cover general NHS hospital records and other forms of health records.
How we may use your personal data
6. We may use your personal data (name, address, telephone number, email address) for the following purposes:
6.1. to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us; to help us administer and maintain accurate records; statistical analysis and market research; profiling; customising this website and its content to your particular preferences; to notify you of any changes to this website or our services which may affect you and to respond to any queries or questions raised by you or other users of the website; Essentially, to help provide you with a better service.
Disclosure of your personal data
7. We may disclose your personal data to:
7.1. our agents and service providers (e.g. providers of web hosting or maintenance services);
7.2. law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity;
7.3. records can be disclosed/released to yourself or another healthcare professional with you, the patient’s or parental/legal guardian’s consent.
Keeping your data secure
8. we want to keep your data secure. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
8.1. We store your personal data on secure servers.
9. Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 has changed and the rules are essentially designed to protect the privacy of internet users. For more information on the changes please visit the Information Commissioners Office Website.
10. Our website isn’t currently using any malicious cookies to store any information about the user specifically. This website does not store any information that would, on its own, allow us to identify individual users of this service without their permission. Any cookies that may be used by this website are used either solely on a per session basis or to maintain user preferences. Cookies are not shared with any third parties.
The following is an outline of the cookies we are using. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that are transferred to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser. Cookies are used for several reasons including:
10.1. to recognise you whenever you visit a website;
10.2. to speed up access to a website (so you do not have to log on each time);
10.3. to store your personal preferences;
10.4. to build a profile about you;
__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz : Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to monitor traffic levels, search queries and visits to this website. Google Analytics stores IP address anonymously on its servers in the US, and neither AChiropractor or Google associate your IP address with any personally identifiable information. These cookies enable Google to determine whether you are a return visitor to the site, and to track the pages that you visit during your session.
exp_last_visit, exp_tracker, exp_last_activity : ExpressionEngine
11. The vast majority of web browsers accept cookies. However, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, you may lose some of the functionality of this website for which we are not responsible.
12. We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of record keeping, quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
Our contact details
13. We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
14. We may change this Policy from time to time. You should check this Policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version which will apply each time you access this website.
Terms & Conditions
1.1. This website (“the Site”) is operated by AChiropractor (“We”, “Us”, “Our”).
1.2. References to the singular include the plural and to the masculine include the feminine and vice versa.
1.3. The headings in these terms and conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
These terms and conditions are binding on you and by accessing and continuing to use the Site you are deemed to accept these terms and conditions and any changes and alterations made from time to time in accordance with Clause 4 below. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions you may not use the Site.
3.1. The content of this web site (and all affiliated pages) is provided for information purposes only. Whilst every care has been taken in its preparation and ongoing amendment we do not make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or reliability and we shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage suffered by you as a result of reliance on such content.
3.3. We accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage suffered by you as a result of the Content or other use of, or inability to use, the Site.
3.3. Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights.
3.4. Nothing in the Site constitutes advice and the transmission, downloading or sending of any information or Content does not create a contractual relationship.
4. Changes to Service
We reserve the right to improve, amend, or suspend the service provided on the Site at any time without notice.
5. Amendments to Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time with immediate effect by placing the amended terms and conditions on the Site.
6. Intellectual Property
All content and all compilation of content included on the Site, including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, icons, photographs and images, audio clips, digital files, data compilations and software, is our property or is licensed by us and is protected by copyright, database, trademark and all other intellectual property right laws in England and internationally.
7. General Conduct
7.1. We grant you a limited licence to access and make use of the Site, but not to modify it, or any part of it, or otherwise exploit it for any commercial purpose except for those specific purposes set out in this agreement or otherwise with our express written consent.
7.2. You may frame or use framing techniques to enclose any trade mark, logo or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout or form) belonging to or controlled by us with our express written consent provided it is for personal use only.
7.3. You must not use the Site in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the Site or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way. You understand that you are responsible for all electronic communications and content sent from your computer to us and you must use the Site for lawful purposes only.
7.4. You must not use the Site for any fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity, to send, use or reuse any content or material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing or that will infringe copyright, trademark, confidence, privacy or any other right; or is otherwise injurious to third parties, or objectionable, or which consists of or contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any “spam” to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
7.5. You must not use the Site in any way which may disrupt AChiropractor or cause problems for other users and staff, which may be detrimental to AChiropractor or generally use the Site in any way which in our reasonable opinion is inconsistent with the spirit of these terms and conditions.
7.6. If you believe that anyone has infringed your or a third party’s right(s) on the Site or if you have infringed a third party’s right(s) you must inform us immediately in writing.
8.1. We have no control over the content of third party sites and cannot guarantee the reliability of any links to third party sites nor can we provide any guarantees or accept any liability in respect of the content on such third party sites.
8.2. You may not create any hyperlinks to the Site other than to the homepage without our prior written consent. All such permitted hyperlinks must make it clear that the hyperlink is to our Site and that it is in no way affiliated to any third party.
10. Internet Security
10.1. You are solely responsible in all respects for all use of and for protecting the confidentiality of your login details, which may be given to you for use on the site. These details are for your sole use only and may not be shared with a third party. You must immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of them or any other breach of security.
10.2. We will do everything we can to ensure that availability of the Site will be uninterrupted and that transmissions will be error or virus free or free of amendments by unauthorised parties. However, this cannot be guaranteed.
10.3. If you identify any error on the site or any material that you consider to be offensive, indecent, dishonest, inaccurate or illegal you should immediately e-mail us at email@example.com and we will take such action as we in our absolute discretion see fit.
11. Compliance with Laws
You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations concerning your use of the Site.
12.1. Except as otherwise stated, any notices you wish to send to us should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any notices that we may wish to draw to your attention will be displayed on our Site.
12.2. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions of these terms and conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
13. Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England. Any dispute will be under the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.